Have Lync 2010 Standard, Enterprise or Lync 2013 in evaluation mode and want to activate it with your licensed version? Here are the steps to do it!
- Download the Lync Server version from the Microsoft Licensing portal (or where ever else you obtain your licensed software).
- Extract the ISO to a folder/burn it to a disk and pop it into the Lync server.
- Open up the Lync Server Management Shell as an Administrator
- Start->All Programs->Microsoft Lync Server 2010 (or 2013)->Lync Server Management Shell
- Navigate to the installation media
- cd PATHTOYOURLYNCSERVERINSTALLER\Setup\amd64\Setup
- Execute the following command
- msiexec.exe /fvomus server.msi EVALTOFULL=1 /qb
- Use the following command to update the services
- Use the following command to verify your copy of Lync is now licensed
It worked! Once I downloaded the ISO from the Microsoft licensing portal, burned the DVD, copied the files to the lync server, and ran the commands (with the correct path to server.msi) - all was well. Prior to these steps, I could not get it out of evaluation mode.
Followed above steps - was able to activate Lync 2013 Std to Licensed version. Thanks for sharing the information.