When you try to sign in to a Polycom Lync Enabled phone (CX600, CX3000, etc.), you receive the following error:
An account matching this phone number cannot be found. Please contact your support team.
I found out that this appeared to be caused from a change made to the Lync front-end server. There are two things that need to happen.
- Make sure the ports for 80 and 443 have been opened on the server’s firewall.
- Try running the following command in the Lync Management Shell on the front-end server.
- Test–CsPhoneBootstrap -PhoneOrExt 15555551234 –PIN 5678 -verbose
- The verbose command should output all information needed to figure out where things are going wrong. In my case, I had an issue with the phone being able to pull-down a certificate (The verbose command revealed the following: “Could not download certificate chain from web service.”). After restarting IIS, I was able to authenticate via the phone to Lync.
- Just as an FYI, once you see Result: Success, you will be able to login to the phone. Prior to seeing that, I was seeing a Result: Failed when the phone could not connect.