- Open up mySQL Workbench
- Under "Server Administration", select an instance with the correct database privileges, otherwise create a New Server Instance with the correct privileges
- To create a new instance, click New Server Instance
- Select localhost if the mySQL service is installed on the local machine, otherwise select Remote Host
- Enter the username/password, click Next.
- Confirm your password and click OK
- Click Next on the Testing Database Connection step
- Click Next on the Set Windows configuration parameters for this machine step
- Click Next on the Testing Host Machine Settings step
- Click Continue if prompted for success on Reviewing your settings
- Type in a name to identify this instance... can be whatever; then click Finish
- Click on Data Export under DATA EXPORT / RESTORE
- Under the Object Select tab, select the backup method you would like to use "Export to Dump Project Folder" or "Export to Self-Contained File" and click the Start Export button.
How do I use mySQL Workbench to backup a database?
Leave a reply