This was copied from Vince Quinto's website. All credit goes to him for this article, be sure to check out his blog: http://ucbyvince.blogspot.com/2011/04/enabling-hd-video-for-lync-2010.html
To enable HD video for Lync 2010, you have to allow the maximum resolution to support HD 720p video. Here’s how…
- In your Lync Front End Server, Click Start
- Click All Programs
- Click Microsoft Lync Server 2010
- Click Lync Server Management Shell
- Run the following commands by typing or copy/paste in Lync Server Management Shell
- Set-CsMediaConfiguration -Identity:Global -MaxVideoRateAllowed HD720p15m
- Restart the Lync Front End service from services.msc.
This command extends the client policy to support HD. Once Lync Front End service has restarted, plug your webcam that is 720p capable, and your video calls can now utilize HD quality videos.
Take note that HD only works in peer-to-peer. For conferencing, the maximum is still VGA.