Symptom: You receive the following error when trying to establish a connection with the Cisco AnyConnect client on Windows 8 x64.
Option 1: PowerShell Method
- Go to the Windows 8 Start screen, search for PowerShell, Run as an Administrator
- Execute the following powershell command
- Set-ItemProperty -Path HKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\vpnva -Name DisplayName -Value ‘Cisco AnyConnect VPN Virtual Miniport Adapter for Windows x64‘
- Exit and reopen the Cisco AnyConnect Program
Option 2: Registry Editor GUI Method
- Go to the Windows 8 Start screen, search for regedit, right click Run as administrator
- Navigate to the following registry key
- Double cick on the DisplayName value and replace the value with Cisco AnyConnect VPN Virtual Miniport Adapter for Windows x64
- Exit and reopen the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client
Inside of Windows 7, you will need to use the printui.exe utility. Before proceeding, I would recommend removing your printer from the Devices and Printers area to prevent issues from removing the driver itself.
- Open up a command prompt with Administrator privileges
- Execute: printui /s /t2
- Select the Drivers tab inside the Print Server Properties dialog box
- Select the print driver you would like to remove and click Remove…
- Check Remove driver and driver package.
- Click OK
You can now reinstall the printer successfully by using group policy (if you have you have a print server) or manually with the installation wizards.